About Me

My photo
Hi, my name's Jonathan. I am serving Christ in Antigua, Guatemala in the Potter's Field Ignite program. I'm just someone trying my best to grow closer to Christ.

Monday, June 30, 2014

Let Him Guide Your Life

Luke 5:4-6


- "Now when He had left speaking, He said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught. And Simon answering said unto Him, Master, we have toiled all night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net. And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake."


This morning, for some reason I truely can't explain, I have been full of joy! Perhaps it was the 10 hours of sleep I had last night, but for whatever reason I'm extremely joyful! With this joy, I stepped out the front door and looked around and what did I see? Well, I saw my God's beautiful creation. How amaizing His work is, how His beauty shows through His masterpiece that we are able to call our home while we are here on earth. How truely blessed we are. So I began to thank Him, for all that He has done, for all that He is doing, and for all that He is going to do, when I realized that I hadn't yet read this morning. So I ran over to my room, grabbed my Bible, picked up where I left off in Luke and read this passage. I was blown away with these verses, especially in relation to what I was just praising Him for, so I just had to write it all down.

I had just sent out a mass SnapChat saying, "following The Lord will take you to places you would have never expected to ever be in." Then I read this, where we see Simon, jsut living his life, doing what he always does, and Jesus walks in and tells Simon to fish as He tells him to. Simon, adresses Him as "Master" which means we can tell he repects Jesus, he knows what He's all about, says, in my own words, "Master look, we've been doing this all night, a million different ways, but you know what, it can't hurt to try." Now before I get into saying what happens next, when I read this passage this morning, I immediatley looked back at my life. While it's not a very long life, I quickly noticed that I tried living my own way a million different ways. I knew Jesus, I knew He was my Master, I knew what He was all about, yet I did my own thing in a sense. Finally I come up to graduation from Highschool, I had been living my way, trying different roads, different paths of life for 17 years now. While for at least the first 10 years of my life I was obviously too young to really go out and rebel against my parents, I was living with the option of obeying them, or not. So now I graduate from Highschool, faced with the "real world," What am I gonna do? I feel The Lord telling me to go to Guatemala with Potter's Field and give a year of my life to Him, or I could stay home, wait a couple years without going to college, and work my butt off, and make some money and do whatever I want with it. I think this was probably the first time in my life where I actually said, "ya know what, moving to guatemala for a year sounds kinda crazy, and I don't even have enough money to do that, but you know what, It can't hurt to listen to the voice of God right? I mean worst comes to worse I won't get accepted into the program right?" So I put the application in, or in Simon's case, cast my net to the side Jesus told me, and now I am amaized with what He has done with just myself and my net. So what happened with Simon and his fishing? He caught so many fish that his net broke and in the next verses it says he had to call his friends over to help pull all the fish in.

In short, all I really wanted to post today was this fact that God will blow your mind all over the room if you would allow Him to. I am reading a book called Real Worship by Warren Wiersby right now. If we would worship our Lord with wonder and amazement, give Him our lives, you will be caught up in a whirl wind of blessings! I am living in Antigua, Guatemala because I cast my net on the other side. I am teaching children english, spreading the Love of Christ, teaching children the Bible, learning Spanish, meeting people from all around the world, and I'm learning so much more than I ever would have if I had just stayed home and worked. Now obviously The Lord works in different ways, this program isn't for everyone, but in whatever you are doing, just the Lord guide you because you have no idea where you might end up!

1 comment: