About Me

My photo
Hi, my name's Jonathan. I am serving Christ in Antigua, Guatemala in the Potter's Field Ignite program. I'm just someone trying my best to grow closer to Christ.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Faith Can Move The Mountains We Need To Overcome

Matthew 21:21-

"And Jesus answered them and said unto them, 'Verily I say unto you, if you have fatih, and doubt not, you shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if you shall say unto this mountain, be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done'."

As this is the start of our first week of our feild time here in Guatemala, I can already see the enemy trying to attack in anyway he can, whether it be from sickness, or just the smallest things like making the decision on which board game to play. Of course the last thing we as a team want is any kind of division among ourselves, however as every team who has gone before has told us, "You are going to get tired, you are going to rub one another wrongly, and there will be times when you do not get along with eachother as a team." Yesterday while out into to town I joking brought up that fact, saying that we should start hating eachother now, that way we can spend the last four months learning to love eachother and end on a high note. However, after making that comment I remembered Philippians 4:12-13- "I know how to be abased and I know how to abound, in everywhere and in all things I haved learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." And then it hit me; I don't know what will come ahead and I don't know exactly what the other teams went through, but I need to know that whatever is going to come my way, that If I trust on my God, Christ, that He will lead me on the straight an narrow path and I will not wander astray, and if we all (Team Guat.) are trusting in Christ, putting 100% of our faith in Him, giving Him our all, we will never fall of the path He has set before us, and the firey darts from Satan will not be an issue. The Bible says that if we have faith the size of a mustard seed, we can tell a mountain to go for a swim and it will. I'm paraphrazing of course, but this is one of the many things that I know the Lord is going to teach me during my time on the field, the concept of having true faith in Him. I believe it starts with this team He has placed me in to be apart of.

Encourage my team in this truth. Let's be a team who keeps Christ first, not just as head knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment